Yunnan Cai is unofficially dubbed the 9th school of Chinese cuisine and known for its fresh, herbal flavors. The cuisine also reflects the region’s ethnic diversity with its sultry mushroom dishes, and stir fries strewn with mint and chilies.
What You’ll Learn
Learn how to prepare exotic rice dishes, dried chili stir fries, flavored oils, and foods steamed in lotus leaves.
- Stir Fried Pork, Pepper and Pickles
- Fried Kidney Beans with Pickles
- Vegetables with Yunnan Lime Sauce
- Rice Noodle Salad (in summer) or Rice Noodle Soup (in winter)
- Yunnan Lemongrass Fish
- Stir Fried Lotus Roots with Pickles
- Stir fried Seasonal Mushrooms with Black Cardamom
- Yunnan Rice Cakes with Tomatoes and Cured Meat
- Yunnan Chicken Salad with Mint
- Stir-Fried Chicken with Mint
- Yunnan Fried Potato Balls
- Yunnan Smoked Eggplant with Chili Dressing
Where's Yunnan in China