The people of Sichuan are known to be hot blooded, so it’s no surprise that their most commonly used phrase is “can you eat spicy?” Two main varieties of pepper account for Sichuan’s spicy, pungent culinary legacy, La Jiao (Chili Pepper) and Hua Jiao (Sichuan Pepper).
What You’ll Learn
Learn how to make use of the famous chilies and peppercorn infused dishes of China’s Southwest. Brazing, steaming and the legendary ‘Dry Frying’ are all intrinsic to Sichuan’s rich culinary traditions and can be learned in our four mouth-watering Sichuan Culinary Experiences.
- Fish Fragrant Eggplant
- Spicy Sichuan Cabbage Salad
- Deep Fried Chicken with Dried Chili and Sichuan Peppercorn
- Sichuan Spicy Potato Salad
- Stir-Fried Chicken with Chili
- Pickled String Beans with Minced Pork