The Hutong Internship Description:
The Hutong is Beijing’s premier cultural exchange center. Located in the winding hutong alleyways of Beijing, The Hutong hosts cooking classes, talks, and other cultural events within its cozy community space. The Hutong also facilitates and leads cultural experiences all over China for corporations and international schools.
As a Hutong intern, your mission will be to help your assigned department provide unique and exceptional cultural programs and fun, experiential learning opportunities. As an intern you can expect to be challenged in planning and executing a series of projects, and will have the benefit of gaining a wide array of practical work experience, as well as learning the ins and outs of an international company, building Chinese language skills, and having the opportunity to learn about and share Chinese culture.
Internship duties have included:
- Social media development, blog articles and marketing materials
- Research and translation work
- Developing itineraries and programming for educational programs
- Analyzing and presenting data
- Leading activities on programs
- Editing and developing pages for the website
- Working “in the field” and on programs
*Note: due to the dynamic nature of this internship, duties may change according to the skill set and interests of the intern and needs of The Hutong.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Strong goal setting skills
- Highly motivated personality
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Adept at spreadsheets, powerpoints
- Positive attitude
If interested, please send your CV to morgan(at)thehutong.com.