We are from all over the globe, but we have one thing in common: we are captivated by Chinese culture and are passionate about sharing it with our guests! Click here if you think you would make the perfect addition to our team and would like to apply.
Director of Courtyard and Culinary Programs
Michelle is responsible for the venue events and culinary programs at The Hutong Kitchen. A long time resident in Beijing, with an extensive business background has found her way into combining business and pleasure at The Hutong Kitchen! She has experienced quite a few good meals in Beijing and mastered her away around a Chinese kitchen.
· Originally from New Zealand, 4th generation NZ Chinese with ancestry from Guangzhou.
· She has been known to travel the globe and around the alleys of Beijing for a great meal.
· Loves food porn!
As a Sichuan native, Jane loves spicy food and sees her self as a spicy kind of girl too! She’s passionate about learning and growing with The Hutong team at our cosy courtyard venue. When she’s not seeking challenge in the Hutong Kitchen, she’s swimming, exploring China and planning her dream trip around the world.
· Believes being healthy is life’s biggest fortune.
· Likes doing more and talking less.
· Loves the people around her, and believes they are all lovely like angels.
Phoebe is responsible for keeping our Hutong venue cosy and comfortable. Phoebe also organizes all HR scheduling for our Corporate and Culinary Departments.
· Loves cracking out songs but is occasionally out of tune.
· Loves working at The Hutong because of the amazing food.
· Can be old and wise but is young at heart.
Nutritionist & Chef
Loves to share her extensive knowledge of food and culinary culture with the Hutong’s lovely guests. Focuses on teaching cooking classes and leading culinary tours. She is in charge of event scheduling as well as The Hutong’s chefs training program.
· From Inner Mongolia, but has never ridden a horse.
· Loves swing dancing with her lovely friends.
· Lives to jump on her bike and cycle in the Jing.